LEARNING TRIP – SEPTEMBER THE 23RD TIL THE 25TH
Former docks turned into new places to be, live work, study, chill out, enjoy …A brain new city centre redeveloping with all the city’s stakeholders : public authorities, private sector, civil society…Historical heritage back to life and reuse of derelict industrial buildings…
There is so much to discover about this city that has recreated itself in only a few decades around culture, sports, creative industries, the old meeting the new, here is the chance to meet the real people behind the scene : those who planned, constructed, re-thought, re-built and operate on a daily basis to make the city one of the most beautiful, enterprising and sexy of Great Britain !
23rd-25th September 2019
Starts Monday, September the 23rd at 10.30am
- Liverpool fall and rise: 3 decades of urban regeneration + presentation of ongoing and future projects
- Visit of the former Docks and waterfront
- Meet Culture Liverpool @ Radio City
- Presentation of the new governance mode and public-private partnerships
- Meeting with the BID (Business Improvement District)’s stakeholders
- Presentation of what is a BID, how it works and visit of their daily work on site
- Presentation and visit of Liverpool ONE, the shopping centre completely integrated to the city centre
- Discovery of the Northern docks: Stanley dock and the magical Titanic Hotel, and Bramley-Moore dock, home of Everton’s future arena !
- Meet Baltic Creative CIC, the Community Interest Company that purchased several hectares of semi derelict land and reinvested a whole district to welcome creative, artistic and digital industries, coworking spaces, around modular, multifunctional and interactive spaces adapting new ways of living, working and enjoying your spare time !
- End of the visit Wednesday, September the 25th, begining of the afternoon, at the Baltic Market, the new street food covered market set up in a former industrial building !
MEMBER RATE: 700€
NON-MEMBER RATE: 900€
• the organization of visits and presentations in English
• Monday & Tuesday lunches
• permanent presence of a travel guide
Price excludes :
• travel to and from Liverpool
• personal expenses
For those interested, you can benefit from a preferential rate at the Aloft Hotel all taxes, wifi and breakfast included, for the nights of September 23rd + 24th :
• Single room at 120€/ night
• Double room at 130€/ night
Please book via email@example.com before August the 15th.
For those willing to extend their stay one way or the other, the same rate will be available subject to availability. Discover the hotel here
You can reach Liverpool by plane : John Lennon airport or Manchester airport (direct liaison by train), or by Eurostar + train